How are staff currently paid?
MPFT staff will continue to be paid by two different payroll providers until 01 November 2018
Each payroll provider has its own systems for reporting payroll related data and if you manage teams from both former organisations, then you will need use both systems to ensure that your staff are paid appropriately each month.
- They will continue to be paid by the ESR & Pay Services Team, an in-house payroll Service based at Trust HQ.
- Managers of former SSSFT will need to continue to follow SSSFT processes to support staff payment. This includes:
- Recruiting via the Trust’s internal Recruitment team
- Advising of staff changes using the Change Form here
- Advising of staff leavers using the electronic form here
- Using e-Pay Healthroster to record all staff absences, unsocial and any additional hours worked, and this link for approving staff expenses
- Please visit the ESR & Pay Services website at this link for further information relating to the payroll provision for former SSSFT staff.
If you are a former SSOTP manager who now manages former SSSFT staff and require access to the above systems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
- They will continue to be paid by SBS, an outsourced payroll provider based in Southampton until later in the year (please see “The Future” below).
- Managers of former SSOTP will need to continue to follow SSOTP processes to support staff payment, until they are notified otherwise. The SSOTP processes include:
- Advising of staff changes using the electronic forms here
- Using e-Pay (not Healthroster) to record unsocial and any additional hours worked, and for approving staff expenses
- Recording staff absences in ESR
- Please note - vacancies for all corporate services teams will now be handled by the MPFT in-house Recruitment team at Trust HQ and staff hired will be paid in line with the former SSSFT processes above. Please email email@example.com if you have a query.
If you are a former SSSFT manager who now manages former SSOTP staff and require access to the above systems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Please note: Any staff changes as a result of the MOC will be notified to ESR & Pay Services, and SBS by the Workforce team. Any changes outside of the MOC need to be notified in the usual way.
The payroll service for the whole Trust will be provided by the in-house ESR & Pay Services team from an anticipated date of 1st November 2018.
This will mean that for:
- former SSSFT staff, there will be no change in the way that staff and managers’ report and make payroll submissions.
- former SSOTP staff, they will eventually:
- move from the current e-pay reporting system onto the former SSSFT e-Pay Healthroster system
- be paid by the in-house ESR & Pay Services team
- begin to receive electronic payslips instead of paper payslips.
Leading up to November 2018:
the ESR & Pay Services team will begin contacting managers who manage former SSOTP staff to prepare them and their teams for the above transition.
However, until then, managers of former SSOTP teams will need to follow SSOTP processes.