What is ESR?
The Electronic Staff Record or ESR is a human resources and payroll database system used by nearly 600 NHS organisations in England and Wales to manage the employment and payroll for 1.2 million NHS staff.
Who maintains ESR in our Trust
Our ESR Workstructures and System Team, is responsible for the day to day management of:
- The Trust's Organisational Structure within ESR.
- The Organisational Structure is at the heart of workforce reporting. Its careful management and maintenance, enables meaningful and informative analysis of the Trust's workforce.
- Authorisation of vacancies at Stage 2 in NHS Jobs 2, confirming that there is budgeted Manpower (FTE) in the Structure (as advised to her by our Accountants).
- System Administration
- All staff are automatically given access to ESR's Employee Self Service and e-Learning menus in ESR.
- The Supervisor Self Service menu (available on request) gives Managers and Administrators access to see and report on ESR staff records that sit beneath them in the ESR Supervisor structure.
- Additional ESR menu access needed? Please email email@example.com
- Supervisor Structure
- The Supervisor Structure determines who can see which staff records in ESR.
- If you have any issues using the Trust's e-Forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Pay Services team enter and maintain all staff personal, contractual, and pay related data in ESR
- The Trust's Learning & Development team (HROD) enter and maintain the Trust's Learning opportunities and staff attendance in ESR
- The Trust's Workforce Reporting team (HROD) produce a wide range of ESR reports on a regular and ad hoc basis including monthly Board reports, and ad hoc FOI requests. Our HROD team can support managers in interpreting the data reported.
ESR Menus - What they do & how to use them