The NHS Pension Scheme is open to staff between the ages of 16 and 75 and who are directly employed by the Trust. Staff are automatically placed into the NHS Pension Scheme when they start working for the Trust. Those not wishing to be members of the scheme need to complete an opt out for (see Section 11 below).
Staff can access their annual pension benefit statement using ESRs self service. Details of how to do this are in Section 6 below. The links below will provide you with lots of information about the Scheme.
Our Trust's Pension Officer is Charlotte Rowe (tel 0300 790 7000, x8646, Mon - Fri). She can provide you with scheme details along with pension estimates on request.
1. NHS Pension Guides
- 1995/2008 Pension Scheme Guide
- 2015 Pension Scheme Guide
6. How to access your Total Reward Statement (via ESR's Employee Self Service (ESS))
- Trust Retirement Policy
- Retirement Certificate & Award - See Appendix 1
- When can I take my NHS Pension Benefits
- Age Retirement Factsheet
- Early Retirement Factsheet
- Premature Retirement on being made Redundant Factsheet
- Flexible Retirement Factsheet
- Ill Health Retirement Factsheet
- Opting Out - (less than 2 years membership)
- Claiming a Refund - Form RF12
- Transferring Out of the Scheme