Research, Development and Innovation is a central part of our Trust. The team oversees research projects and promotes and encourages research within the Trust.
Key functions are:
- To develop and maintain the research strategy of the Trust
- To develop a strong research culture among health professionals, enabling them to make the best clinical decisions for their patients, supported by the best evidence based practice
- To identify research priorities
- To establish a support network for researchers
- To screen research proposals and issue guidance, support and approvals as appropriate for research to take place within the Trust
- To promote and encourage service user involvement in research